The Disarmament4Educators project aims at widening the community actively engaged in disarmament issues and countering limited interest amongst tertiary students in disarmament and non-proliferation. To do this through disarmament education to complement, support and provide direct capacity building for tertiary educators and curriculum developers.
Title: Live Webinar: Strengthening Academic Infrastructures for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Education
- Martin Senn, Associate Professor of International Relations, University of Innsbruck. Presentation title: "Disarmament Education at University-Level: Lessons Learned"
- Niklas Schoernig, Senior Research Fellow, Peace Research Institute Frankfurt. Presentation title: "The EU Non-Proliferation and disarmament eLearning Course"
- Sabariah Kader Ibrahim, Researcher at Malaysia Nuclear Agency, Project Leader at Women in Nuclear at Southeast Asia. Presentation title: "Initiatives in Non-Proliferation and Training at Research Institute"
D4E Asia Roudtable series and online training
- Learn more about the Disarmament 4 Educators Roundtable Series (December 2020)
- Learn more about the Disarmament 4 Educators Online Training (March 2021)
Course Level: Technical
Methodology: Event/In-Person Course
Registration: Application Process
Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
1. Educators, and Ministries of Education, are provided the education and tools necessary to engage students on disarmament issues, particularly in the global South.
2. An inclusive and gender mainstreamed approach increases the representation of women, persons with disabilities, and participants from the global South in the disarmament community.
3. New perspectives provided by new disarmament audiences are recorded and disseminated within ODA and integrated into disarmament education, as well as other relevant work.
List of themes covered:
Other disarmament, non-proliferation and development-related issues.
All participants successfully completing the training course will receive an official Certificate of Completion.
Representatives identified from Ministries of Education and relevant educational bodies in South and Southeast Asia for virtual roundtables;
The course is available in English and is held in the Disarmament Education Dashboard, thus participants need a computer or mobile device, with audio and reliable internet connection. No special software is required.
Expected time commitment:
Course schedule: November 02, 2020 — January 31, 2021
Length of a session: 2 – 4 Hours
Number of sessions: 5
Number of modules: 8